Do you own a HTC Desire Z/T-Mobile G2? Now you can get a upgrade to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, provided you are comfortable with installing ROM’s. At the moment you shouldn’t upgrade just because – it is a new release and will likely have some glitches/bugs. Anyway, provided you are okay with that, lets get started!
What you need
A HTC Desire Z/T-Mobile G2 charged to at least 50% to prevent any problems during update. It must also be rooted (obviously). Finally, ensure that USB Debugging is enabled (Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging)
- Download the ICS ROM here.
- Connect your phone to the computer.
- Copy the ROM you downloaded in step 1 over to your SD card.
- If you haven’t got it already, get the ROM Manager app for your phone. Android Market Link.
- Open the ROM manager application.
- I would recommend you make a back-up via the ROM Manager app.
- Now, install the ROM via the ROM manager. To do this simply tap the Install ROM from SD Card and then browse to the ROM you copied to your SD card back in step 3.
- Wait for the Firmware to update.
- Then, press go back and reboot your system.
- Now your phone should be updated!
Enjoy Ice Cream Sandwich on your HTC Desire Z!
- How To Install Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware On Your Samsung Nexus S
- HTC Rezound To Get Ice Cream Sandwich Updates In Early 2012
- Google Told No Ice Cream Sandwich Update For Google Nexus One
- Download HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread Kernel Source Code From HTCdev
- Lookout Mobile Security Updated, Brings Honeycomb And Ice Cream Sandwich Support