With the New Year officially upon us now, what better way to start out than with a new OS on your Samsung Galaxy S2? If you want to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android 4.0.1 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware version XXKP2 then you’ve come to the right place.
You should always remember that this ROM uses a custom kernel so installing it will void your phone’s warranty and all customizations to your device should be done at your own risk. If you follow the instructions carefully nothing should go wrong, but if it does don’t say we didn’t warn you.
This build does not require root access and, if you did happen to have your device rooted, loading this ROM will remove access to root.
Make sure to back up any of your files before you begin so you don’t lose any important documents, photos, etc. and have Samsung KIES turned completely off before you start the upgrade process. You’ll also need to have USB Debugging enabled which can be done by going to the settings -> Applications -> Development menu and choosing USB Debugging.
If everything is in order and you’re reading to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S II GT I9100 to Android 4.0.1 then let’s get started. It’s similar to Install ICS Android 4.0 XXKP1 Firmware On Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 method.
1. First you’ll want to download the ICS Android 4.0.1 XXKP2 .zip package from here, and extract them somewhere on your computer that is easily accessible.
2. Once the files are extracted, turn your phone off and then restart it in download mode. To do this, turn the phone on while holding the Home key at the same time as the volume down key as you press the power button.
3. Start Odin 1.83 (this was extracted earlier as it was saved in the .zip file you downloaded).
4. Connect your computer to your phone via USB and wait for Odin to turn yellow.
5. After your device has been connected, set the configurations and place the files in Odin according to this screenshot:
6. Once that has been completed press “start” and the updating process will begin—it shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes for the process to complete. If for some reason it takes a lot longer or freezes, you can unplug your phone, remove and reinsert the battery and restart the process.
7. Once the update on your phone has happened successfully, leave Odin open, disconnect your phone and turn it off. Start your device in download mode again and reconnect it to your computer.
8. This time, select the file in Odin as shown in this screenshot and press start. PDA: I9100_KERNEL_I9100XXKP1_CL16459_REV02_eng_mid_ship.tar.md5
After your device is updated the second time, it will restart and prompt for a Google Account. Enter your information accordingly (make sure you’re connected to the internet) and you should now be upgraded to Android 4.0.1 on your Samsung Galaxy S2.
- Download And Install ICS Android 4.0 XXKP1 Firmware On Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100
- Tutorial : How to Root Galaxy Nexus LTE (CDMA) On Android 4.0.2 ICS Firmware
- How To Install Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware On Your Samsung Nexus S
- Download And Install Google Wallet APK On LTE Galaxy Nexus Without Rooting
- How To Install ClockworkMod Recovery And Root Samsung Galaxy Note