In the gaming market, Sony seems formidable and considering it recently released its famous PlayStation Vita, it certainly acquired good feedback. However, it seems the company lacked luster in the tablet market. While technically the Tablet P and Tablet S is just 6 months old, the hardware used to run these devices are more than a year old leaving owners of these tablets wondering when Sony will release another device that could compete in the cut-throat tablet market.
But it seems the wait is over. Sony is developing its Tegra 3 quad-core tablet which appeared in the measurement table of NenMark 1 for benchmarking. Currently, it is codenamed Sony V150 and it comes with very impressive hardware specifications, and of course, it is expected to run on ICS platform upon release.
Sony V150 Android Tablet Specifications :
- V150 will run on NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-core CPU with operating frequency of 1.4GHz.
- Its display is the same as Tablet S at 1280 x 752 pixels WXGA.
- 59.7 FPS benchmark score which is the same as the Samsung Galaxy S II.
- V150 will natively run Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich when released
So far, there is no other available information about this tablet. Sony hasn’t made an official statement regarding this information as well. So basically, we will have to wait a little longer for the full specifications of the device, the release date and the price.
But as you can see, Sony V150 has a considerably high benchmark score. While such results can easily be spoofed and information altered, it is difficult to disguise the both the CPU and GPU. Basically, there is some truth behind this information.
It is believed to be the rightful successor of Sony Tablet S and I guess it’s about time Sony will make a move if it were to maintain good competition with other manufacturers who have gone really far in this market.
- Motorola Artix 3 With Tegra 3 Quad Core Processor Specs And Photos Leaked
- Sony Music Unlimited Coming To Sony Tablet S And Other Android Honeycomb Tablets
- LG X3 With Nvidia Quad-core Tegra 3 Processor Revealed In Leaked Render
- Sony Reduces Tablet S Price By $100; Offers Other Incentives To Purchase
- LG Announced Quad-Core LG Optimus 4X HD Android Smartphone