The LG Nitro HD has now been rooted, allowing you to install custom ROM’s and use the various apps that require rooting. This process *might* invalidate your warranty, but if your phone ever develops a problem you can simply ‘unroot’ the device and the manufacturer will be none the wiser.
Before we get started you should make a backup of your data in case it goes haywire. For Text Messages, I recommend ’SMS Backup & Restore‘. Contacts are backed up by Google automatically. And also make sure to charge the device to at least 60% to prevent the device powering off in the middle of rooting. Finally, enable USB Debugging (Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging).
- Download ‘SuperOneClick‘ and extract the zip.
- Open Super One Clicked Root tool.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Click the Root Tab.
- Wait for it to complete.
- Your device is rooted! Use the ‘Root Checker Basic‘ app to check if your phone has been rooted. If it has been successful it should tell you.
That’s it and you done it!
- Tutorial: How To Root Motorola Atrix 2 With Easy One Click Root
- Tutorial: Root HTC Amaze 4G Permanently With Easy One Click Root
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket SGH i727 Via Easy Root
- Guide: How To Root Your Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 On Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread
- First Look: LG Nitro HD From AT&T Specs, Features And Preview