The Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini has now received ICS, albeit it a very alpha form.
- Display,keypad and lights
- Audio is buggy when pausing song and replaying
- List network operators
- GSM, Wifi, Bluetooth
If you are okay with all that; lets get going!
First we need to backup, just on the off chance this goes wrong. As always, for your SMS messages, use the ‘SMS Backup & Restore’ app. Contacts should be synced up to your Google Account. Any media, copy to your external memory card.
This guide will assume you have rooted your phone. If you haven’t, please root your phone before continuing!
- Download the ICS Android 4.0 Alpha Package, here.
- Connect your phone to the computer and copy the zip you just downloaded onto the SD card.
- Disconnect the phone.
- Turn the phone off.
- Enter recovery mode (press back button when turning on the phone, or constantly slide the QWERTY keyboard.
- Select ‘Install ZIP from SD Card’.
- Select the zip you copied over in step 2.
- Wait for the process to complete, then reboot your phone, either manually or it may do it automatically.
- You should get the default setup screen, asking for Google account login information etc. Then you’re on ICS. Enjoy!
- No More Firmware Updates For Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 : Sony Ericsson
- Sony Ericsson’s 2011 Xperia Smartphones To Receive Android 4.0 Update In 2012
- Sony Working On Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc HD With 720p Screen And 1080p Recording
- How To Install ICS Android 4.0 Preview Build 4 Firmware On Motorola Droid 3
- Download And Install ICS Android 4.0 XXKP1 Firmware On Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100