HTC really have been getting busy with updates, many various phones have been getting updates over the past few weeks. But don’t get too excited – its not an Ice Cream Sandwich update or some other huge update. Rather its just a small bug fix update.
Back in July the DROID Incredible 2 got a update to Gingerbread but some small bugs have popped up that need fixing, that this update has tried to adress. The update brings the phone up to build 5.10.605.9 and is roughly 29MB, meaning that the update shouldn’t take too long to complete, ten minutes at absolute maximum.
The bugs getting fixed aren’t ground-breaking but you can see the fixes above. The clock and alarm apps have had slight updates and have some new features. The signal strength now can show all 5 bars when the device is getting full service and some other things include getting security patches regarding the Bluetooth and WiFi that Google released a while back.
This isn’t a huge update but if your still stuck on the stock ROM and have noticed some of these bugs this might come as welcome news to you. Although I imagine this device will be pushed to your device automatically, you can speed it up by going to Settings, System Updates and doing a manual check. It should pop up and if you have any problems, get in touch with Verizon.
Back in July the
- Verizon Rolls Out HTC ThunderBolt Gingerbread Update Again With Security Fix
- Download Gingerbread Build 2.11.605.5 For The HTC Thunderbolt, Offers Fixes To Official OTA Gingerbread Update
- Motorola DROID 2 Global Gets Android 2.3 Gingerbread Update
- Motorola DROID Bionic To Get Bug Fix Update Before Year End
- Verizon Showdown : HTC Rezound Vs Motorola Droid RAZR